Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September

I love September but boy it's always been a testing time for me.

It was in September I had to chose between rent or food.  I chose food.

It was in September my ex decided he was going to spend the weekend with his parents to sort some things out in his own mind.  He never came back.

It was in September that my second child was to come into the world.  Fate would have it, she was not meant to be.

It was in September when a stranger decided they wanted to end their life.

I love September and boy it has been a learning time for me.

I learned that when the tough got tough I could do it.  I learned that I had wonderful friends who would see me through to the end of my rough stretch.

I learned that I was strong and capable.  I learned that I would not be broken.  I learned that I could pick myself up and carry on.

I learned that I was resilient.  I learned that my faith would truly carry me through one of the hardest times of my life.  I learned to trust that everything happens for a reason.  I learned that I would never, ever be given more than I could handle.


I learned that there is never such thing as coincidence.  I learned that I am put where I am supposed to be right when I'm supposed to be there.  I learned that I have emotional strength I never dreamed I had.  I learned to speak with my heart.  I learned that there is much to learn in every situation.  I learned to believe in angels because I met one that day.

September is a time for renewal.  Heck with New Year's resolutions.  I make September resolutions.  I'm kind of like the leaves.  I'm getting set to turn in.  To get rid of the old, the weak and the worn.  I'm re-energizing.  Setting new goals.  Opening my mind to new possibilities.  Meditating on where I want to be when spring comes.  When there is new life...new life in me.

Love the one you're with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts are always appreciated.