Saturday, February 9, 2013

Everything's better with tuna...and cheese

I know my last couple of posts have been a little bleak. Maybe it's my mood lately. Who knows. Back on the happy wagon. Life is what you make it after all.

SO!

FOOD! That makes me happy. Makes many people happy. HAHA

My latest creation. Super yummy!!

Tuna Noodle Bake

4 tbsp margarine
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp sweet rice flour
1 1/2 cups milk(soy or dairy)
1 tsp Italian seasoning (this makes it super good)
1/2 tsp salt, pepper, dried mustard, thyme (I didn't use dried mustard)
4 cups cooked macaroni (I used brown rice pasta)
2 cans tuna, drained and flaked
2 cups peas (I used finely chopped celery)
1/2 cup crushed potato chips

Preheat oven to 350F. Melt 2 tbsp of margarine in small skillet. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until softened.

Melt remaining 2 tbsp margarine in medium saucepan over low heat. Whisk in rice flour. Cook for 2 minutes (stirring constantly and without browning). Stir in milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, mustard and thyme.

Combine pasta, onion mixture, tuna and peas in large bowl. Add sauce and combine. Transfer to shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with potato chips. Cover. Bake 15 minutes. Uncover. Bake for 10 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

Of course, I added a little low fat mixed cheddar. Cheese makes everything better.

Love the one you're with. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts are always appreciated.