Monday, April 9, 2012

It's been a while....

I started blogging in 2007.  I have long since deleted those blogs (three of them).  They represented a different chapter in my life.  It was comforting to write the words, somewhat anonymously, get the comments and varying perspectives, see my feelings in black and white.  The writing helped me get through some very challenging times.  I write now as a past time.  At least I'll call it write.  It's the thoughts in my mind presented exactly how they come to me.  There's no editing.  No magic.  Authentic.  Hence the name of this blog.  The new chapter in my life.  :)

I have never opened my writing up to folks I know.  Of course, over the years people I know have found my musings, put two and two together and figured out it was me but I have never openly shared my written jibber jabber with friends.  I think I'm ready to take the plunge.  Not that it will be overly riveting reading but it may serve as a good laugh for people once in a while.

I read this and had to laugh.  Reality for most I think.  Though I got a good chuckle out of it, it did make me ponder...as do most things.  What if I did kick it next Tuesday?  In this case, next Tuesday is tomorrow but for these purposes, I'll give myself a week.  :)  What would I have on my one week bucket list?
  • Loving my Jbird.  That's a given. <3
  • Spending the best quality time with my family and friends.
  • Visiting some folks who have had a profound impact on my life (though I'm sure they don't know it) and thanking them.
  • Making a final visit to the OSPCA.  Kissing the face right off of Vanilla the black lab.
  • Taking a good long walk in the woods behind my house...alone.  Drinking in the memories of being out there on three-wheelers.  Tearing through the mud.  Having my first smoke.  hehe  Feeling invincible.
  • I'd say 'I apologize' to those I know I've hurt many years ago and I'd forgive the few hurts that linger from the past.
There's nothing earth-shattering there.  I mean I do only have a week.  :)  When I look at it now...probably a few things I should do anyway....

A family friend passed away a few days ago.  Children.  Grand-children.  A loving husband.  Family.  Friends.  Shocking to hear.  Really drove home the point that 'you just never know'.  Sounds so clique but it is so true.

How about your bucket list?

Until next time, love the one you're with.  XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts are always appreciated.