Monday, April 30, 2012

Bumpity Bump

Not completely sure why I fell off.  Maybe it was work.  Maybe it was lack of motivation.  All I know is that I went almost one full year either dragging my toe behind the wagon or bumpity bumping along behind it.  Always did ok with the eating because frankly, crap food makes me feel like crap.  I've been off things like white bread for so long, I even put that near my mouth and my belly hurts.  And I certainly didn't do well with the exercise.  This past winter, my jeans were tight.  My shirts were tight.  I felt about as far from sexy as I could get.  Hated it.  Hated how I looked.

Got a free one month pass to the gym at Christmas time.  Thought, maybe I'll use that in January.  No, too busy at the gym in January.  Maybe February.  February came and went.  March I was going to be too busy with work.  April...well, it was time.

April 15, 2012, back on the wagon.  Dusted off my food journal.  Dusted off my weight lifting books.  Dug out my big ass water bottle.  I was ready to get on it again.

So April 15...
133 pounds
29.2% body fat (ick)
78.5cm waist
99cm hips
58cm thighs

So here we are, two weeks in.  Faithful to the food.  Faithful to the activity.  Faithful to eating breakfast.  Faithful to drinking my water.

April 29...
133 pounds
26.7% body fat
76cm waist
97.5cm hips
58cm thighs

The pounds are only mildly important to me.  I like to lift heavy weights.  I'm in it for a little bulk.  The body fat is huge for me.  I know I'm in the "acceptable" range but to me, it's not acceptable.  My goal when I started April 15, to be at 24% body fat.  I'm hoping I will get there.  : )

I use this to calculate my body fat... Metric body fat calculator  You also have the option to use inches.


Stay tuned for more.  Will try to share all I can.  Healthy is where it's at!


Love the one you're with.  XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts are always appreciated.