Sunday, April 29, 2012

So...

Where did it all begin?

It began with me be a little too insulated.  hahaha  That was back in November 7, 2010.  I was 135 pounds, 30% body fat (that's the big number).  My thighs were 58cm around.  Waist 81cm and hips 101cm.  Built just like my Grammie...rest her soul.  Always had lots of cushion for pushin'.  And my Dad had just one year before that had a quadruple bypass.  BIG wake up call!!!

So I started.  I read all I could about eating clean.  Started to keep a food journal to make sure I was on top of what I was putting in my mouth.  Got my ass off the couch at night.  Little things.  A stroll.  Crunches.  Girlie pushups.  I liked the small changes I was seeing so I decided I needed to get serious.  I hit the gym.  Three times a week.  Lunch time.  Sometimes 20 minutes on the treadmill.  Sometimes I hit the weights squeezed in 45 minutes.  I still needed to shower and get back to work.  I didn't have the time to do after work so that was the extent of my workout.  I had a little girl to get after work.

I set goals right first thing.
  • Reduce hip and thigh size.
  • Less stress.
  • Drink more water.
  • Eat more vegetables.
  • Get better with my cardio.
First week in, after tracking what I was eating (I use Tosca Reno's food journal.  Works best for me) I saw I needed to increase protein and watch my portion sizes.  The next week, guess what...goal achieved.  I never would have known that if I didn't journal what I was eating.

December 5, 2010
129 pounds
25% body fat
Thighs 53cm
Hips 97.5cm
Waist 75cm


I shit you not.  One month.  Keeping track of what went in my mouth.  Going to the gym three times a week.  Cardio.  Weights.  Taking every opportunity to be active...Jbird to the park, walk the dog, calf raises while doing the dishes, crunches at night, taking the stairs, parking a little ways away from the mall.  All.  Adds. Up!!!!


Then February 2011 came and I fell off the wagon.....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts are always appreciated.