Sunday, September 29, 2013

In the "raw"

I've had people ask me about what I post here...how it's so "personal." Ummmm. I guess I don't think it's that personal as I'm a pretty open person. I say it like it is and I appreciate that back. As well, probably the biggest thing, I know from writing in this medium for the last six years, people appreciate when you are authentic. When my life was going down the shitter and my ex-husband and I were not doing well, I used to write in this sort of space. I connected with many women who thanked me for my honesty. They said it helped them to know someone was sharing what they were feeling; to know they weren't alone. I've come to be friends with a few of the women. :) Some don't even live in this country but we shared something universal...a broken soul.

Blogs have been a healing space for me. Kind of like now. It's still a healing space. Only this time I'm closer to the top of the mountain. I'm not crawling up from below the bottom (yes, that's possible...to be that low). I communicate my thoughts here as my own little therapy but also in hopes that something will strike a chord with someone so that they can feel they aren't alone, feel stronger, feel more confident, feel more alive. :)

Over the next few posts I'm going to write about where I was (briefly) to getting to where I am today. Nothing earth-shattering but sometimes it's good to look at where you were to see how far you've come to paint the path on where you're going. :)

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts are always appreciated.