Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Rewrite

I wrote a couple posts here tonight and deleted them. They were things that were on my mind but not necessarily of any value. In doing this, it made me realize I need to get in the moment. Stop the whizzing of thoughts. Stop jiggling my feet. Quiet myself.

So, I'm rewriting this post. With words. My words. What's in my mind at this very moment. Sometimes you need to do that. You need to stop. Everything. Pause in the moment and be aware of the sounds you hear. The thoughts in your mind. How your body feels.


Hum of the fridge.
Feeling of the floor on my feet. Cool. Grounded. Connected.
My breathing is calm. Relaxed.
Closing my eyes. Good thing I can still type ;)
My hair on my cheek.
The sound of a car going by.
The clock ticking.
My body feels warm. Cozy blanket in my lap.
Peaceful.
Quiet.
Stretching up...
Tension releasing from my shoulders and back.
Sigh.
Deep breath.

Eyes open. No spelling mistakes. ;)

That was maybe all of 5-7 minutes. But I was here for those 5-7 minutes. I was aware of my body. My thoughts. Centered. Grounded.

Why don't you try it? Take a few minutes to be still. To appreciate yourself and your immediate surrounds. It does wonders for the mind which in turn does wonders for the body.

How did you make out? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts are always appreciated.