Thursday, August 8, 2013

Life is good. It really is.

In a bit of a fog today. I think it’s a mix of having very little sleep for essentially a week, not eating enough and not drinking enough water. It’s also because the world continues to buzz around me and I feel like I’m standing still. I’m not in the usual whirl and swirl of “stuff.” I feel a bit like a spectator. And it’s not because people have been insensitive. Very much the opposite. Folks have been absolutely wonderful. Checking in. Saying hi. Giving me big hugs (that’s the best part). I’m a hugger so… I just feel like I’m in slow motion. Everything has finally caught up with me. I am officially tapped out.

I think tonight will consist of eating supper on the couch watching something that requires limited brain cells. That will be followed by snuggles with my most beautiful girl in the world. Then sleep. Sweet and precious sleep. I did NOT want to get out of bed this morning. I pushed it to the limit. One more minute and there would have been no makeup and maybe I’d still be in my pajamas. I’ve got that tired nausea thing going on. Worst feeling.

BUT. Tomorrow is a new day. I shall seize it and hang on for dear life because life is dear.

AND. The day after is dancing. How my feet love to dance. Mind, body and most importantly soul will benefit greatly from the music and the company of my dear girlfriends.

Life is good. It really is.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts are always appreciated.