Saturday, August 3, 2013

My Nan Died

This post is just going to be off the cuff. Bear with me.

Emotions.

Well, I haven't cried yet.

I'm not quite certain why.

Maybe it's because my Nan and I weren't super close (As it was pointed out again today, I was never the favourite... I don't recall asking to be the favourite and not sure why that needed to be pointed out. I guess when people are in pain they feel that everyone should feel the same pain or own some of theirs so it gets projected that way). Anyway...

Maybe it has to do with the fact that I don't want to live in a world of regrets. That negative air space just fills up your mind and your heart so you can't feel any of the good. I want to feel the good.

I'm going to speak at my Nan's funeral. I was asked to read a verse...kind of the eulogy. I feel honoured to do that. It will be closure on a time that has been filled with mixed emotions. Not just the five days from her passing to the funeral but closure on the book of her life and and closure on a chapter in my book of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts are always appreciated.