Monday, January 21, 2013

Butterscotch Chip Cookies - Wheat Free

This called for chocolate chips but I didn't have any so butterscotch it was. They passed the test here so I guess they will go on file as a "make again sometime soon" recipe...unlike my quinoa black bean patties. They weren't such a great hit. I liked them but one out of three people liking them means this recipe doesn't make the cut.



1 1/3 cups Gluten free all purpose flour blend*
1/2 teaspoon each of salt, baking soda, xanthan gum (I used cornstarch)
1/2 cup each of margarine, peanut butter, granulated sugar
1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
1 egg lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanuts (I used crunchy peanut butter so there's my peanuts)

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease cookie sheet.

Combine flour blend, salt, baking soda and xanthan gum in medium bowl.

Beat margarine, PB, sugar and brown sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Use electric mixer on medium speed to do this. Add egg and vanilla; beat until well blended. All flour mixture; beat just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts.

Drop onto cookie sheets (rounded tablespoons). 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly.

Bake 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly brown. Cool two minutes on cookie sheet and then move to wire rack to cool completely.

*The all purpose flour blend:
1 cup each:
White rice flour
Sorghum flour
Tapioca flour
Cornstarch
Almond OR Coconut flour

OR you could buy the blend already made (I later saw it at Bulk Barn).

If you make your own mix, you combine in a large bowl that you can seal. The book I have said to store in the fridge but it's not stored in a fridge at the Bulk Barn and it's just fine so mine's in the pantry.

Hope you like. Will post more of my concoctions as I make them.  :)

Love the one you're with. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts are always appreciated.