Friday, January 25, 2013

The passing of a fur child

I found out last night my neighbour's dog passed away. He was getting old and his health wasn't the greatest. When my Mom told me I cried. I know what it feels like to lose a pet. I had my Wilson for 12 years before I had to take him to the vet to be put to sleep. He got sick. It was very fast. I sat on the floor with him and he passed away in my arms. I would have it no other way.

He was my constant companion. He slept on my bed. He went everywhere in the car with me. He sat beside me at mealtime (and we may have shared a piece of cheese or two). He was there for me to hug when the times got really rough. He was that other living being in the house when I was alone. He was intuitive. He was loving. For many years he was my everything.

My heart really breaks for my neighbour. She had her dog for many years. He had become her everything. What a vacant place this will leave...in her home and in her heart.

I feel so passionate about being a pet owner. My animals never have been and never will be 'just a dog' or 'just a cat'. They're my babies. I love them to pieces.

Give your fur baby a squeeze. Someone is really missing theirs today...

Love the one you're with. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts are always appreciated.