Friday, January 25, 2013

Kale Chips


I have been dying to try these and the other night Jbird and I made some. She LOVED them. I loved them.
  • Rip the leaves off the stems.
  • Wash and dry leaves really well. I spun in the salad spinner three times and then blotted with a paper towel.
  • Laid the leaves out on my Pampered Chef baking sheet. Made sure they weren't on top of each other. They need some room to breathe. ;)
  • Drizzled some olive oil and put some coarse salt on them.
  • Pop in a 350 degree oven for about 12-15 minutes. I just kept and eye on them until I noticed the tips of the leaves were getting a little brown.
  • Take them off the baking sheet and place on a plate lined with paper towel to absorb a little of the oil.
Best if eaten right away. I did take some to work in a baggie and they were good but not as crispy.

I made a second batch with some spices. Can't say they were as well liked as the ones with a little salt. But the sky's the limit. Just good to be getting the greens in your belly.

Love the one you're with. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts are always appreciated.