Friday, October 4, 2013

Kind of brings me to now... (5)

And here I sit today.

It's been almost four years...


I will be honest, there have been some rocky times (as with any relationship). There was a couple reaaallllll rocky times. Times where for a moment, I let my partner indirectly influence my worth. I tell you, had it been back in the day, I would have slipped into a hole of unhappy and doubt and regret and every other negative thing you can think of. But I'm not back in the day. I have been on a hardcore healing mission for the past four years. This crap wasn't getting me down. I'm strong. I'm independent. I'm a forgiver (that doesn't equate to forget, it just means I don't carry the burdens of someone else...their mistake is their burden, not mine).

You know, to sum it up, I've learned to love myself a whole lot. When you love yourself you can love others. Others can be your child, your partner, your Mom, your siblings...

You learn to be confident in yourself and your decisions because you have faith in yourself.

You know your worth and you don't let another single human being take away from that...ever

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts are always appreciated.