Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Reliability & Authenticity

I've got two things on my mind today...actually have been on my mind for a while but today seems like the day to get it out there.


The first. Reliability.

There's not too many people a person can rely on anymore. Be it family or friends. There tends to be an excuse or a some hairy fairy line of bullshit when asked to assist. Actually, the hairy fairy line comes after they say they're going to go something and then they either don't show up or they make up some string of unlikely circumstances (aka excuses). Be a person of your word and if you can't, just be honest about it. Honesty is cool as hell...try it.

The second. Authenticity.

I've been accused of being many things but fake I will not accept. There isn't a fake thing about me. That is sometimes a problem because I say what I think and I act how I act; really doesn't matter who is around. So yah, not taking that one but thanks.

What is fake is people who change the way they speak or act depending on their audience. I've been around people who when they start their spiel I just look at them and think, "who the hell are you?!!" Sure, we adjust our behaviour and language according to your audience so we're not acting like a bunch of baboons but really...some of it... Give me a freakin' break. I know people that live two totally different lives, home and "out there" and that's cool. You want that elephant sitting in the corning all the time, that is yours to bear but keep me out of your messed up, phony BS. The BS I could write a book about...yah, that stuff. I'm not going down with your ship. I'm bailing now while the going is good. I think that's best for all of us because yes, I try my best to stay afloat on Carnival cruise lines but that doesn't mean I take shit. You give it, be very, very prepared for what you get in return. How's that for fake?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts are always appreciated.