Sunday, October 27, 2013

Cumulative disappointment

I've just had a whirl of things going on and I haven't been writing like I should. I say I should because it helps me to keep my mind clear.

What popped in my brain today as I was driving? Cumulative disappointment. Small things that on their own are really no big deal but as a whole they just make you say, "ah shit", shake your head and sulk away.

People.

They are the source of my cumulative disappointment today.


I follow every dog blog, FB group, etc. you can think of. I love fur babies. The other day there was a post about a dog being found dead in a sleeping bag chucked on the side of a street. To say the least, I was PISSED but I was also very hurt. For the dog and for humankind. To think that someone would have done that to an innocent dog. To think of what it went through to get to this point be it neglect or abuse. It makes me sick. Physically. I'm really quite tired of it.

I was at the SPCA on the weekend. That's where we had my daughter's birthday party. The most beautiful boy in there...covered in mange. Why? Why? Why? Why do people do this? Allow this to happen to their animals?

And then I think, if they do this or allow this to happen to their animals what about their kids or their elderly parents. SIGH! For a moment it overwhelms me and then I pray. Yup I do. I meditate and pray that someone, anyone who is feeling this....whatever they feel that allows them to abuse and/or neglect their child, their elderly parent, their pet...I pray that they see the light before it's too late.

There are other folks that lead me to cumulative disappointment. I think I'll save that for another day. This was deep enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts are always appreciated.