Monday, May 14, 2012

A hot guy named Gym





There is NOTHING cute about me after a workout.  I DO NOT do my hair or makeup to go to the gym.  I laugh out loud at those who do.  It's the gym people.  And while you're at it, wear a good bra.  Too much tit the other day.  Goodness.  The woman was a mess of boobs everywhere.  *sigh*

Made it to the gym five times last week.  Always good to have that recovery time in there.  Body needs it.  You really can overwork yourself.  People who do seven days a week may be counter-productive.

So I'll just run you through my last workout.  May be of interest, maybe not....

20 minutes on the stairclimber.  That big one that sits in the corner lookin' like a mini staircase.  Goodness...should have seen me on that thing at first.  The stairs move down slowly as you type in what you want to do, your weight, time, etc.  First time on it, I have to read everything, follow the menu.  Doing this I notice I am going d-o-w-n.  Anyway, got it figured out.  Did 74 flights of stairs in those 20 minutes.  Sweating like a PIG!  Sight to be seen.



Off I go to do some multi-hip thingys.  Me, I do free weights.  So I'm trying to do this on the machine because it's for legs and sometimes a machine is most effective for the legs.  Well, I looked like a monkey hanging off this thing but managed to do 2 sets of 15 with 60 pounds.  It wasn't pretty but I felt the muscle I was supposed to be working so I guess that's a plus.

Leg extensions. Two sets of 12 with 50 pounds.  Those bastards are hard for me but I got it done.  Grunting every so quietly under my breath.  I never want to be a grunter.  Ick.



Leg press.  Started light because of my shitty knee.  12 reps with 90 pounds, then 20 reps with 130 pounds then 20 reps with 140 pounds.



Calves.  Single leg standing.  I always have to hold onto something when I do these; otherwise I would fall over with a very ungraceful thud.  12 reps with 22.5 pounds and then 12 reps with 25 pounds.  Always feels like I'm going to get a cramp in my butt cheek when I do those.  hehehe



Deadlifts.  I do them standing on a box so I can get full extension right to the floor.  I also tend to do them with dumbbells instead of a barbell.  Did a couple sets of 25 with 50 pounds.



50 full situps

Sat in a "V" sit with an 8 pound medicine ball and went side-to-side to do my obliques.  30 of those puppies.

20 leg raises on the machine...to make sure I didn't cheat, my honey held his hand at his chest and I had to lift that high.

Plank for 2 minutes 20 seconds.  After which I fell into a puddle on the mats.

Threw in some arms....upward cable curl for my biceps 45 pounds is what I maxed out at.  60 pounds for pulldowns (triceps) and 20 pounds for the shoulder press.  I went to exhaustion on all those.  Meaning I went until I couldn't do anymore.  A little light on the shoulders but I hurt one the other day reaching into the backseat of the car if you can imagine....  Had to baby it.



So that's one of my workouts.  Some may be shorter depending on how much time I have.  Some days I do all lower body.  Some days all upper body.  Always a certain amount of core.  And now, always cardio....for more than my usual 5 minutes.

Hope this was at least mildly interesting.

Love the one you're with!  XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts are always appreciated.